Saturday, April 12, 2008

Awesome Surprise! No, I still have MCL

I cannot believe that I didn't mention this. After my appointment on Friday my awesome Kimberly gave me the greatest comfort thing I could ask for in these days - sushi! We went to this great sushi stand at Flatirons Mall and got a couple of orders of California Roll with extra wasabe and no ginger and I was in heaven on earth! Thank you Super Wife! Dr. Lee said I can only eat the cooked sushi during my appointment - which is fine by me because California Roll is my most commonly ordered variety. I was so happy with this surprise - I could eat that every single day and never get sick of it. And I couldn't believe how much better just eating that made me feel - psychological I'm sure but it has lasted into the next day and, again, I can't thank Kimmie enough or Mom and Dad Bone enough for allowing us to go while they had little CJ for a bit longer.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Gary,
Thank you for your wonderful blog. I too have MCL but am in the wait and watch stage. Mine is only in the blood marrow now and I do not have any enlarged lymph nodes (some less than 1 cm so it may not be too long) I go to Duke, as I was only the second patient with MCL that my doctor had seen. My husband is very supportive and spoils me and would be happy if I just sat on the couch and let him wait on me - sounds like you have a wonderful support system also. YOur positive attitude is refreshing - I too think positively - my hope is I can postpone treatment until they find the cure - my doctor is looking at Velcade if I need to start soon. I will keep reading your blog and I wish the best.