Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend

Hard to get motivated. That would sum up the feeling I've had this weekend - these chemicals really take the wind out of your sails. I cannot say enough how great it is to be home and how great Kimmie and CJ are to be around. The most difficult thing all weekend has been not being able to do much besides sit or lay down and watch helplessly as Kimmie is having to do so much.

Far as me and side-effects, I'm mostly just wiped out. On Saturday I went back to the hospital to get a scheduled Neulasta (http://www.neulasta.com/) shot in the stomach. This is used to boost white blood cell count in order to ward off infections.

Kim is so amazing. I really don't know how she does what she does - on Friday she worked an opening shift, came home and took care of me and CJ all day, then Saturday night CJ woke up throughout the night and she took care of her, and now (on Sunday) she has been up all day playing with CJ and cleaning... I am so unhappy to not be able to help because of lack of energy and fear of picking up an infection.

Have been working my way through the cards and e-mails and phone messages - I, again, cannot adequately thank everyone for the support and well-wishes. More than once since coming home from the hospital I've opened a card, read or listened to a message, that has helped more than the sender will probably ever understand because at that particular moment it was the boost that got me from one minute to the next.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Just surrender to the healing that is part of God's plan. Letting others "do" for us is that part of humility HE asks us to experience. You're in our prayers.
Charlene & Jim

Anonymous said...

Gary,

For some reason I am having problems leaving a message on your blog. My name is Steve Drozda. I am 56 yrs old live in Thornton, Co. and am in remission with mcl for over 2 years. I read your intro on the ACOR site and because you are in Denver I wanted to try to contact you directly.

After reading your posts I realized we have been to some of the same doctors practice as I saw Dr. Rosenberger who is with Dr. Georgescue for my surgery.

In short, I would like to be of assistance to you whether just to talk or help out as needed. Those of us with mcl need one another to march ahead.

Please feel free to contact me at 303-255-9556. I have much to share with you.



Good luck, we can beat this!

Steve Drozda